About This Program
The Award of Achievement in Web Design is a part-time program for those interested in building websites. Learn the behind-the-scenes technology that drives websites. Examine web design for mobile, design and user interface issues, and coding practices for structured web design.
These hands-on courses use current tools and best practice to help you create websites designed to be responsive, accessible, and usable. Learn web design, and you’ll never be bored again, as organizations, friends, and family seek you out for your web design expertise.
- Discuss issues related to responsive design for mobile devices
- Understand current best practices and conventions in UX design and appraise various websites for structure, design, usability, and accessibility
- Create websites that utilize HTML and CSS code effectively
- Work with graphics, tables, links, and lists within a webpage
Who is this for?
While the Web Design Award of Achievement is open to everyone, it will be particularly useful for:
- Students moving into the work world who need web technology skills on their resume
- Small business owners who need to create a website for their business
- Professionals who want to learn more about web building to enhance their career prospects
- Anyone who needs to create or work with web pages
Ready to get started?
Review program requirements
For a complete list of courses required for this program, please see the Program Requirements section below. The following courses may be offered this semester:
|Build your own Website or Blog with WordPress|
|CSS for Web Design|
|Get Found Online: Introduction to SEO|
|HTML for Web Design|
|Introduction to Web Design|
The courses that comprise this program all Required. Complete seven required courses within a specified timeframe with a passing grade and obtain an Award of Achievement in Web Design.
You can take courses in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
- Build your Own Website or Blog with WordPress
- CSS for Web Design
- Get Found Online: Introduction to SEO
- HTML for Web Design
- Introduction to Web Design
- Responsive Web Design - Coming Soon
All required and elective courses must be completed within two calendar years. It’s important to note that you don’t have to take all the courses at once and can stagger them over time.