This course can be applied toward a program:
- Web Design (required)
On top of that, you'll learn how to launch a website by selecting a domain host and website address.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the significance of web standards and The Web Standards Project
- Describe the ‘mobile-first’ approach to web design and compare how different browsers, computers and mobile devices interact with the web
- Understand current best practices and conventions in UX design and appraise various websites for structure, design, usability, and accessibility
- Identify and describe different design principles that contribute to an effective interface design (UI Design), including alignment, colour, white space and visual identity.
- Explore various website layouts and identify the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Summarize the process of publishing a website, including selecting a domain host and URL address
Module 1: Introduction to Web Design
Module 2: Web Standards
Module 3: User Experience (UX) and User Interface Design
Module 4: Layout and Design
Module 5: Bits and Bytes
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop).
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Add the course to your cart to register.
Jan 01 – Apr 30 2023
Course Reference Number (CRN) 91042
Instructor Karyn Mart
Sorry, this course is closed for registration at this time. NOTIFY ME WHEN REGISTRATION OPENS