This course can be applied toward a program:
- Web Design (required)
On top of that, you'll learn how to launch a website by selecting a domain host and website address.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
Start anytime within indicated date range. You have 90 days from the date you register to complete the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the significance of web standards and The Web Standards Project
- Describe the ‘mobile-first’ approach to web design and compare how different browsers, computers and mobile devices interact with the web
- Understand current best practices and conventions in UX design and appraise various websites for structure, design, usability, and accessibility
- Identify and describe different design principles that contribute to an effective interface design (UI Design), including alignment, colour, white space and visual identity.
- Explore various website layouts and identify the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Summarize the process of publishing a website, including selecting a domain host and URL address
Module 1: Introduction to Web Design
Module 2: Web Standards
Module 3: User Experience (UX) and User Interface Design
Module 4: Layout and Design
Module 5: Bits and Bytes
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop).
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all