This course can be applied toward a program:
Telling a great story is more important today than ever. Whether you are working in marketing, leadership, facilitation, data analysis, or just attending a job interview, your ability to tell a compelling story may be the difference between success and failure.
In this hands-on course, you'll learn about the components of a good story, how to construct it and visualize it (using storyboarding and software), and how to present it for maximum impact.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 15 hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the concept of storytelling as it pertains to human development
- Explain the elements of a story that engage the listener or viewer
- Evaluate when and how to use storyboarding to design a story
- Apply the steps of planning a story to reach a specific goal
- Know how to choose the correct tool to visualize a story
- Apply specific techniques for effective story delivery
Module 1: Tell me a Story
Module 2: Plan your Story
Module 3: Make a Storyboard
Module 4: The right tool for the job
Module 5: Deliver your Story
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
Sorry, this course is closed to registration at this time.Notify me when registration opens