This course can be applied toward a program:
- Bookkeeping: Advanced Skills (required)
This course introduces learners to the fundamentals of Canadian income tax policies, rules, and legislation as it applies to individuals. Learners will learn the principles and concepts of the Federal Income Tax Act. They will also apply knowledge and skills to practical cases including preparing tax returns using software.
You can complete the course at a time and place of your choosing. However, be mindful of weekly deadlines and expect to commit 4-5 hours a week. There will be an optional one-hour live Q&A session with an instructor each week.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the structure of the Income Tax Act
- Obtain tax information to solve issues with regard to personal taxation
- Understand the procedures of using tax return software for individual tax returns
- Apply basic tax concepts and procedures to analyze simple tax issues
- Communicate about individual income taxation with confidence
- Learners will need a computer with microphone and webcam to attend the Q&A sessions
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
Add the course to your cart to register.
Mar 25 – Apr 28 2021
Course Reference Number (CRN) 91007
Instructor Jaspal Singh
- Mar 30 7 – 8 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)
- Apr 6 7 – 8 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)
- Apr 13 7 – 8 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)
- Apr 20 7 – 8 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)
- Apr 27 7 – 8 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)