This course can be applied toward a program:
- Bookkeeping: Advanced Skills (required)
"It's tax time!" is a frightening phrase for many. Almost as frightening as "They're making another Fast and Furious movie."
Be afraid no more.
This course can help you better understand the complex world of taxes. It introduces you to the fundamentals of Canadian income tax policies, rules and legislation. You will also come to understand and apply the principles and concepts detailed in the Income Tax Act of Canada. The knowledge you gain from this course will help not only with preparing tax forms for individuals and filing tax returns for small businesses, but also with tax planning and strategy.
Average commitment per module: 4-5 hours. Total course commitment: 20+ hours.
You can register anytime within indicated date range (see below). You have 90 days from the date you register to complete the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Obtain tax information from a variety of sources and apply it towards a sound tax planning strategy
- Apply tax concepts and procedures to analyze issues and reduce income taxes
- Calculate personal taxes owing using common tax slips and other documents
- Integrate tax planning strategies into the business management of a sole proprietorship or corporation
- Communicate individual and corporate small business tax matters confidently
Module 1: Introduction to Canadian Income Tax
Module 2: Understanding Basic T1 Tax Returns
Module 3: Understanding Advanced Personal Tax Concepts
Module 4: Understanding Taxes for a Sole Proprietorship
Module 5: Exploring Taxes for a Corporation
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all