This course can be applied toward a program:
- Bookkeeping: Advanced Skills (required)
This course introduces learners to the fundamentals of Canadian income tax policies, rules, and legislation. Learners will understand and apply the principles and concepts detailed in the Income Tax Act of Canada. They will also use their knowledge and skills for practical purposes including preparing important tax forms for individuals and filing tax returns for small businesses.
Average commitment per module: 4-5 hours. Total course commitment: 20+ hours.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Obtain tax information from a variety of sources and apply it towards a sound tax planning strategy
- Apply tax concepts and procedures to analyze issues and reduce income taxes
- Calculate personal taxes owing using common tax slips and other documents
- Integrate tax planning strategies into the business management of a sole proprietorship or corporation
- Communicate individual and corporate small business tax matters confidently
Module 1: Introduction to Canadian Income Tax
Module 2: Understanding Basic T1 Tax Returns
Module 3: Understanding Advanced Personal Tax Concepts
Module 4: Understanding Taxes for a Sole Proprietorship
Module 5: Exploring Taxes for a Corporation
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
Add the course to your cart to register.