This course can be applied toward a program:
Whether you're new to Excel, or a seasoned user who wants to refresh your knowledge of Excel fundamentals, this course has you covered. You start with the basics—terminology and navigation, then continue on to learn about worksheets, efficient ways of entering data, formatting tables and working with different formats and formulas.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Microsoft Excel menus and toolbars
- Recognize the various elements that make up an Excel worksheet
- Create and save spreadsheets and worksheets
- Enter data into worksheets
- Describe the difference between formulas and functions
- Use basic formulas and functions to create a working Excel document
- Apply basic formatting to a worksheet
Module 1: Getting Started with Excel
Module 2: Entering Data
Module 3: Creating Formulas and Functions
Module 4: Formatting
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop).
- MS Excel 2013, 2016 or Office 365.
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Sorry, this course is closed to registration at this time.Notify me when registration opens