This course can be applied toward a program:
PowerPoint can turn your humdrum presentation into a real show-stopper. Today’s audiences expect to see multimedia slideshows that both inform and entertain.
This course will kickstart you into creating engaging presentations using Microsoft's PowerPoint software. It includes practical tips and examples for planning and selecting visual elements, adding text and images, and delivering a presentation your audience won’t soon forget.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the qualities of a well-designed slideshow presentation
- Identify common problems when using PowerPoint to design slideshows
- Differentiate between effective and ineffective PowerPoint slides
- Discuss the importance of having a clear purpose or goal for your presentation
- Consider the importance of understanding your audience
- Use slideshow templates effectively
- Select images that are professional and well-designed
- Choose visually appealing colors and fonts
- Design a PowerPoint presentation that features recommended design principles
Module 1: What is PowerPoint?
Module 2: Templates and Themes
Module 3: Images and Text
Module 4: Designing Great Slides
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
- Windows computer running MS PowerPoint 2013, 2016, or Office 365 (desktop or laptop)
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all