This course can be applied toward a program:
Do you know what the biggest threats to presenting to a modern audience are, an audience equipped with digital devices? Number one: cat videos. Number two: hilarious gifs of The Office or Schitt's Creek. Number three: A surprise appearance by Tom Hanks in the atrium of whatever building you're presenting in. That's because today’s audiences expect to see multimedia slideshows that both inform and entertain. If not, they'll be on their devices downloading gifs, memes and videos. Now, you can't do much about a surprise appearance by Mr. Hanks, but you can deal with the first two, and this course can help.
This course shows you to harness PowerPoint to create engaing presentations. It includes practical tips and examples for planning and selecting visual elements, adding text and images, and delivering a presentation that keeps your audience engaged and informed.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
Start anytime within indicated date range. You have 90 days from the date you register to complete the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Design a PowerPoint presentation that maximizes proven design principles
- Identify common problems when using PowerPoint to design slideshows
- Differentiate between effective and ineffective PowerPoint slides
- Use templates effectively
- Select images that align with the main messages of your presentation
- Discuss the importance of having a clear purpose or goal for your presentation
- Consider the importance of understanding your audience
- Select images that are professional and well-designed
- Choose visually appealing colors and fonts
Module 1: What is PowerPoint?
Module 2: Templates and Themes
Module 3: Images and Text
Module 4: Designing Great Slides
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop).
- MS PowerPoint 2013, 2016, or Office 365.
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all