This course can be applied toward a program:
- Web Design (required)
Introduce yourself to the basic features of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). It's a versatile programming language used to style web pages by specifying how HTML and XML documents should appear. CSS makes it possible to control the presentation of elements on a page, including their color, dimensions, position and behavior. A series of lab exercises will give you the opportunity to practise the tools and concepts you learn throughout the course.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Write and link an external style sheet to a webpage
- Apply colour to page elements using a variety of colour systems
- Create classes to style elements
- Select and apply fonts to different page elements
- Arrange elements using float and apply the clear property
- Explore the use of drop shadows, drop caps and other creative effects
- Explain the importance of inheritance, rule order and the box model
Module 1: CSS Syntax
Module 2: Classes, IDs, and More
Module 3: Going Around It – Margins, Padding, and Borders
Module 4: Creative Effects
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Sorry, this course is closed to registration at this time.Notify me when registration opens