This course can be applied toward a program:
- Web Design (required)
Introduce yourself to basic features of Cascading Style Sheets, or CSS. CSS is a versatile programming language used to style web pages by specifying how HTML and XML documents should appear. CSS makes it possible to control the presentation of elements on a page, including their color, dimensions, position, and behavior. A series of lab exercises will give you the opportunity to practice the tools and concepts you learn throughout the course.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
Start anytime within indicated date range. You have 90 days from the date you register to complete the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Write and link an external style sheet to a webpage
- Apply colour to page elements using a variety of colour systems
- Create classes to style elements
- Select and apply fonts to different page elements
- Arrange elements using float and apply the clear property
- Explore the use of drop shadows, drop caps and other creative effects
- Explain the importance of inheritance, rule order and the box model.
Module 1: CSS Syntax
Module 2: Classes, IDs, and More
Module 3: Going Around It – Margins, Padding, and Borders
Module 4: Creative Effects
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all