This course can be applied toward a program:
- Digital Photography (elective)
How often have you been struck by the sheer majesty of a mountain range? And how often have you tried to capture that scene in a photo, only to see the mountain range transform into a weird blur that from some angles looks like day-old mashed potatoes?
That's what we call "the torment of nature". We are surrounded by beautiful and dramatic landscapes that are wonderful to experience but a challenge to photograph.
Which is where this course comes in. You learn photographic techniques and how to use your camera to take photographs that capture the awe-inspiring landscapes and the subtle details of the natural world.
Average commitment per module: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 15+ hours.
ABOUT THE START DATE: You can register anytime within indicated date range (see below). You have 90 days from the date you register to complete the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply composition and other techniques for landscape and nature photography
- Practise the skills of landscape and nature photography in the field with confidence and preparation
- Develop visual acuity and individual style
- Effectively use your camera and additional tools to improve your landscape and nature photography
- Foundations of Photography: Begin with the Basics
- Composition: Hit Them with Your Best Shot
- Lighting: The Photographer’s Palette
You can register for this course only when you have completed all required courses or have obtained permission from the instructor.
- You must have access to a digital SLR camera
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Go to our FAQ page for more information
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all