This course can be applied toward a program:
- Digital Photography (elective)
How often have you been struck by the sheer majesty of a mountain range? And how often have you tried to capture that scene in a photo, only to see the mountain range transform into a weird blur that from some angles looks like day-old mashed potatoes?
That's what we call "the torment of nature". We are surrounded by beautiful and dramatic landscapes that are wonderful to experience but a challenge to photograph.
Which is where this course comes in. You learn photographic techniques and how to use your camera to take photographs that capture the awe-inspiring landscapes and the subtle details of the natural world.
Average commitment per module: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 15+ hours.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply composition and other techniques for landscape and nature photography
- Practise the skills of landscape and nature photography in the field with confidence and preparation
- Develop visual acuity and individual style
- Effectively use your camera and additional tools to improve your landscape and nature photography
- Foundations of Photography: Begin with the Basics
- Composition: Hit Them with Your Best Shot
- Lighting: The Photographer’s Palette
You can register for this course only when you have completed all required courses or have obtained permission from the instructor.
- You must have access to a digital SLR camera
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all