This course can be applied toward a program:
- Remote Workplace (required)
As businesses are increasingly turning to technology to handle both internal and external communications, the notion of a centralized workforce that meets face-to-face on a daily basis is becoming less common. Companies are embracing the idea of employing remote workers—form both near and far—who can provide a diverse range of skills and viewpoints without being bound by location. While there are many advantages to remote work for both the company and the individual, managers must be aware of the challenges that can arise when employing remote workers. This course explores the benefits and drawbacks of remote work and provides managers with tips for helping their remote workers stay connected and motivated.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the top challenges when it comes to leading remote employees.
- Discuss best practices for hiring and onboarding remote employees.
- Explore ways to develop remote workers.
- Consider how to effectively communicate with remote employees.
- Develop strategies for providing feedback to remote workers.
- Identify ways to motivate and connect with remote employees.
Module 1: Remote Workplace Options
Module 2: Team-Building at a Distance
Module 3: Communication Strategies
Module 4: Hiring and Onboarding
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
- Windows computer running MS Excel 2013, 2016 or Office 365 (desktop or laptop)
3 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all