This course can be applied toward a program:
- Remote Workplace (required)
As businesses increasingly turn to technology to handle both internal and external communications, the notion of a centralized workforce that meets face-to-face on a daily basis is becoming less common. Companies are embracing the idea of employing remote workers—form both near and far—who can provide a diverse range of skills and viewpoints without being bound by location.
While there are many advantages to remote work for both the company and the individual, managers must be aware of the challenges that can arise when employing remote workers. This course explores the benefits and drawbacks of remote work and provides managers with tips for helping their remote workers stay connected and motivated.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key challenges when it comes to leading remote employees
- Discuss best practices for hiring and onboarding remote employees
- Explore ways to develop remote workers
- Consider how to effectively communicate with remote employees
- Develop strategies for providing feedback to remote workers
- Identify ways to motivate and connect with remote employees
Module 1: Managing remote employees
Module 2: Leading at a Distance
Module 3: Managing virtual teams
Module 4: Leading virtual meetings
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop)
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Add the course to your cart to register.
Jan 01 – Apr 30 2023
Course Reference Number (CRN) 91047
Instructor Julie Clarke
Sorry, this course is closed for registration at this time. NOTIFY ME WHEN REGISTRATION OPENS