This course can be applied toward a program:
- Digital Photography (elective)
Learn basic Photoshop skills and get comfortable using the essential tools in the world's most powerful phot-editing software. Topics include: resizing and cropping images, creating and editing selections, combining images with layers, adjusting colours, basic retouching and adding text to images. Resolution and file formats will also be discussed. You will also have the opportunity to work on your personal photos if you like.
Advanced topics, including adjustment layers and layer masks, are briefly demonstrated, just in case you want to glimpse into the abyss of Photoshop's true power. You will not, however, need special glasses or visors to protect your sanity (it's not that kind of abyss).
Basic photography experience is an asset but not required. Please note you will need a subscription to Adobe Photoshop for the duration of the course.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 18 hours.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Adobe Photoshop interface
- Find menus, tools, panels and viewing options
- Place images into Photoshop to manipulate file sizes and resolutions
- Apply colour and swatches to photos, including foreground and background colours
- Differentiate between the Paint Bucket Tool, Gradient Tools, Eyedropper Tool, Red Eye Tool, Clone Stamp Tool, and Healing Brush
- Use basic editing and retouching skills on images
- Format layer effects including Blur and Sharpen techniques
- Produce images for the web
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all