Learn basic Photoshop skills and improve your workflow with an overview of essential tools and techniques used by creative professionals worldwide. Topics include: resizing and cropping images, creating and editing selections, combining images with layers, adjusting colours, basic retouching and working with type to add text to images. Resolution and file formats will also be discussed. Advanced Topics, including adjustment layers and layer masks, are briefly demonstrated. Practice working on your personal photos. Basic photography experience is an asset but not required. Please note you will need a subscription to Adobe Photoshop for the duration of the course.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 18 hours.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Navigate the Adobe Photoshop interface
- Find menus, tools, panels, and viewing options
- Place images into Photoshop to manipulate file size and resolution
- Apply colour and swatches to photos, including foreground and background colours
- Differentiate between the Paint Bucket Tool, Gradient Tools, Eyedropper Tool, Red Eye Tool, Clone Stamp Tool, and Healing Brush
- Use basic editing and retouching skills on images
- Format layer effects including Blur and Sharpen techniques
- Produce images for web upload
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all