Our program is called Best of the Season! We are delighted to be performing Benjamin Britten’s Ceremony of Carols as well as selections from John Rutter’s Dancing Day. Also included in the program will be Philip Stopford’s Lully Lulla Lullay, Vince Guaraldi/arr Steve Zegree’s Christmas Time is Here, and Ola Gjeilo’s arrangement of The Holly and the Ivy.
Brilliant Vancouver harpist Joy Yeh joins Capilano University Festival Chorus and Capilano University Singers, conductor Lars Kaario.
Capilano University Festival Chorus sings the vast range of choral music from the medieval period to newly commissioned works. Recent concerts include Bach’s Christmas Oratorio, Handel’s Messiah and Dixit Dominus, Charpentier’s Te Deum, Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana, and the 4th movement of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony. A sampling of other major works performed in the past includes Haydn’s Lord Nelson Mass, Bach’s Magnificat, Vivaldi’s Gloria and Magnificat, Castelnuovo-Tedesco’s Romancero Gitano, Ramirez’ Misa Criolla and Requiems by Mozart, Brahms and Fauré.
For the Fall 2020 term rehearsals are planned to take place online and virtual videos of performances will be produced in lieu of live concerts. When conditions allow, we will resume in-person rehearsals and live concerts.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent understanding and performance of choral repertoire
- Demonstrate good vocal techniques
- Demonstrate excellence in diction, musical expression, rhythmic accuracy, and musical style
- New learners need to schedule an audition with instructor before registering. Please call 604-984-4911 or email email@example.com.
- You will need to use a computer, tablet or smartphone with webcam, microphone and a stable internet connection for attending online rehearsals, and for recording and uploading performance videos.
Add the course to your cart to register.
Sep 09 – Dec 02 2020
Course Reference Number (CRN) 93013
Instructor Lars Kaario
- Nov 11 12 a.m. No Rehearsal
- Oct 3 12 a.m. Sectional (If Conditions Allow, Time TBD)
- Nov 7 12 a.m. Sectional (If Conditions Allow, Time TBD)
- Dec 4 12 a.m. Dress Rehearsal (If Conditions Allow, Time TBD)
- Dec 5 12 a.m. Performance (If Conditions Allow, Time TBD)
- Dec 6 12 a.m. Performance (If Conditions Allow, Time TBD)