Festival Chorus will sing the awe-inspiring Fauré's Requiem.
For the Spring 2021 term rehearsals are planned to take place online and virtual videos will be produced in lieu of live concerts. There will be a few optional Saturday in-person sectionals, dates TBD. When conditions allow, we will resume in-person rehearsals and live concerts.
Capilano University Festival Chorus sings the vast range of choral music from the medieval period to newly commissioned works. Recent concerts include Bach’s Christmas Oratorio, Handel’s Messiah and Dixit Dominus, Charpentier’s Te Deum, Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana, and the 4th movement of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony. A sampling of other major works performed in the past includes Haydn’s Lord Nelson Mass, Bach’s Magnificat, Vivaldi’s Gloria and Magnificat, Castelnuovo-Tedesco’s Romancero Gitano, Ramirez’ Misa Criolla, and Requiems by Mozart, Brahms, and Fauré.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent understanding and performance of choral repertoire
- Demonstrate good vocal techniques
- Demonstrate excellence in diction, musical expression, rhythmic accuracy, and musical style
- New learners need to schedule an audition with instructor before registering. Please call 604-984-4911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will need to use a computer, tablet or smartphone with webcam, microphone and a stable internet connection for attending online rehearsals, and for recording and uploading performance videos.
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all