Leading Ideas: Drive Innovation
Seal of Proficiency
About This Program
The Seal of Proficiency in Leading Ideas: Drive Innovation is a part-time program built to respond to today’s rapidly-changing world. Problem-solving skills are essential, but we need to move beyond traditional approaches for effective solutions. These courses help you anticipate where things are moving, facilitate change, and be proactive.
Each course in this program concentrates on a critical competency related to leading with innovative techniques.
- Make better decisions using creative problem solving
- Empower your team to work collaboratively to solve challenges and problems
- Identify the change process and find ways to mitigate organizational inertia
- Explore ways to anticipate and deal with uncertainty
- Transform data into insights
- Identify your audience and tailor data narratives for that audience
Who is this for?
While the Seal of Proficiency in Leading Ideas: Drive Innovation is open to everyone, it will be particularly useful for:
- Small-business owners who need leadership skills to ensure organizational efficiency
- Professionals interested in competency-based learning, a growth mindset, and a culture of empowerment
- Supervisors or coordinators with leadership responsibility, or those who will take on leadership responsibilities soon
- Seasoned managers and team leaders who have extensive on-the-job experience, but little formal leadership training
Ready to get started?
Review program requirements
For a complete list of courses required for this program, please see the Program Requirements section below. The following courses may be offered this semester:
|Leading Organizational Change|
|Visualization and Storytelling|
All the courses in this program are required. Complete all required courses within a specified timeframe with a passing grade and obtain a Seal of Proficiency in Leading Ideas: Drive Innovation.
You can take courses in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
To receive your Seal of Proficiency, please notify us by email once you have completed all requirements for this program. Your email should include your full name, date of birth, and program name.
All required and elective courses must be completed within one calendar year. It’s important to note that you don’t have to take all the courses at once and can stagger them over time.
250-125 Victory Ship Way
North Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V7L 0G5
604 984 4901