This course can be applied toward a program:
- Digital Photography (elective)
Some of the most powerful photos are those that capture the moment at precisely the right instant: whether it’s a shot of your kid scoring a goal, a whale breaking the surface, or a family member unexpectedly meeting Tom Hanks.
To get that kind of shot, many things need to come together, and this course is designed to give you the skills to pull these shots off. Learn how to instinctively recognize a situation for its photographic potential, and discover how to quickly evaluate the scene in terms of available light, positioning of people, and where the most dramatic action is likely to occur.
You’ll also gain the ability to select the right lens, the best shutter speed, depth of field and more. By course end, you will be able to take spontaneous, unplanned action photos and—much in the way a photojournalist does—communicate a compelling story or convey a powerful emotion.
Average commitment per module: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 15+ hours.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply concepts such as composition, depth of field and shutter speed for action photography
- Describe tips and techniques for travel, nature, street, sports and event photography
- Identify a theme or direction to plan for action photography
- Practise action photography in the field, including street and sports photography
Module 1: Introduction and Techniques
Module 2: Lose the Snapshot Mentality
Module 3: Street Photography Field Outing
Module 4: Sports Photography Field Outing
Module 5: Action Photographers - Inspiring Your Future
- Foundations of Photography: Begin with the Basics
- Composition: Hit Them with Your Best Shot
- Lighting: The Photographer’s Palette
You can register for this course only when you have completed all required courses or have obtained permission from the instructor.
- Digital SLR camera and any lenses you have for your camera
- You will be asked to set up a Pinterest account for one assignment
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all