This course can be applied toward a program:
The ability to deliver an effective presentation is critical for many jobs. It's also critical in preventing bored audience members from nodding off and falling from their chairs, which can disrupt your presentation, especially if the nodder-offer yells something from a fever dream like "Gargoyles eat yogurt if shoes are off!"
This course can help you avoid that sort of mishap.
You learn to research, organize and create effective presentations that incorporate PowerPoint visual aids in ways that drive home your message. Why PowerPoint, you ask? For the simple reason many organizations (approximately one kajillion bazillion, in fact) use PowerPoint as a way of communicating information. In light of this reality, this course offers advice and guidance on the most effective and persuasive uses of PowerPoint, including best practices on word count, graphics, and structure.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 15+ hours.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize what makes communication effective
- Understand the elements in the communications process
- Organize your ideas and speaking points to maximum effect
- Understand graphic rules of thumb
- Summarize effectively in a presentation
- Describe and employ the four steps of purposeful communication in presentations
- Deploy the forecast, present and echo structure for presentations
- Recognize key visual considerations for PowerPoint slides and presentations
- Fine tune your delivery for face-to-face presentations
Module 1: Get Organized
Module 2: Research and Planning
Module 3: Visual Considerations
Module 4: Reviewing and Revising
Module 5: Presentation Delivery
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- MS PowerPoint Basics (or equivalent skills)
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
- Windows computer running MS PowerPoint 2013, 2016 or Office 365 (desktop or laptop)
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all