This course can be applied toward a program:
The ability to deliver an effective presentation is critical for many jobs.
In this course, you learn to research, organize and create effective presentations that incorporate PowerPoint visual aids in ways that drive home your message. It also offers advice and guidance on the most effective and persuasive uses of PowerPoint, including best practices on word count, graphics and structure.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 15+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize what makes communication effective
- Understand the elements in the communications process
- Organize your communications and presentations
- Understand graphic design rules of thumb
- Summarize your presentation
- Describe and employ the four steps of purposeful communication in presentations
- Deploy the forecast, present and echo structure for presentations
- Recognize key visual considerations for PowerPoint slides and presentations
- Fine tune your delivery for face-to-face presentations
Module 1: Get Organized
Module 2: Research and Planning
Module 3: Visual Considerations
Module 4: Reviewing and Revising
Module 5: Presentation Delivery
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- MS PowerPoint Basics (or equivalent skills)
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
- Windows computer running MS PowerPoint 2013, 2016 or Office 365 (desktop or laptop)
Sorry, this course is closed to registration at this time.Notify me when registration opens