This course can be applied toward a program:
- Applied Digital Communications and Social Media (required)
- Digital Marketing (required)
- Entrepreneurship Online (required)
- Marketing Communication (required)
Gain an in-depth understanding of the social media landscape, how it integrates with offline business, and how to develop your own social media plan and strategy. Explore how the best social media brands run, and what you can learn from them for your own business. No social media experience is required, but some knowledge is an asset. Access to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts is recommended.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12 hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Build a social media plan that solves specific problems and/or takes advantage of specific opportunities for an organization
- Select channels and networks to match that plan
- Set up and manage each of the major social media channels
Module 1: Social Media Marketing Basics
Module 2: Content Marketing
Module 3: Implementation
Module 4: Measurement
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop)
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Add the course to your cart to register.
Jan 01 – Apr 30 2023
Course Reference Number (CRN) 91070
Instructor Karyn Mart
Sorry, this course is closed for registration at this time. NOTIFY ME WHEN REGISTRATION OPENS