This course can be applied toward a program:
- Teaching Online (required)
Learners who take online online courses aren't always quite sure what to expect, and they often have expectations that aren't met. This can diminish students' enthusiasm, and discourage them from pursuing further classes.
If you're an instructor, this course will help you guide learners through their online learning experience in a way that keeps students engaged and lets them learn effectively. You'll learn the major models, tools, and techniques to create and deliver high-quality online learning that incorporates best practices in learning theory.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 15+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply key trends in online learning
- Differentiate between the different models of learning
- Use learning objectives to ensure that a course is meeting learning needs
- Describe Bloom’s Taxonomy and explain its application in instructional design
- Leverage the benefits of narrative, adaptive, peer and social learning
- Explore the need for variety in online learning
Module 1: How we Learn
Module 2: Measuring Success
Module 3: Teaching Adults
Module 4: Whole-Part-Whole Learning
Module 5: Variety is the Spice of Life
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop).
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Add the course to your cart to register.
Jan 01 – Apr 30 2023
Course Reference Number (CRN) 91041
Instructor Julie Clarke
Sorry, this course is closed for registration at this time. NOTIFY ME WHEN REGISTRATION OPENS