This course can be applied toward a program:
- Applied Digital Communications and Social Media (required)
- Marketing Analytics (required)
- Marketing Communication (required)
- Web Design (required)
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the primary ways businesses can increase their web traffic and attain higher rankings in search results, which in turn can lead to more sales. Achieving and maintaining high rankings, however, requires a thoughtful strategy and a variety of tactics, from on-site optimization to off-site marketing campaigns. Geared toward professionals and small businesses, this course gives you an understanding of SEO fundamentals and search engine rankings. It shows you how to conduct an SEO audit of your site, optimize your content and implement Google Ads campaigns and link-building tactics to boost your visibility. You will also have the opportunity to work on real-life examples.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 15+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Address SEO as a business process, identifying how it fits within traditional communications and marketing roles
- Define the components of a web page and how each contributes to search engine rankings
- Describe how search engines find and rank web site content
- Identify strategies for enhancing search engine ranking
- Demonstrate successful application of the concepts learned to real-world scenarios
Module1: Understanding SEO
Module 2: Web Pages and Search Engine Rankings
Module 3: Search Engine Strategies
Module 4: Case Study and Content Considerations
Module 5: Links, Social Media, and another Case Study
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop)
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Add the course to your cart to register.
Jan 01 – Apr 30 2023
Course Reference Number (CRN) 91036
Instructor Karyn Mart
Sorry, this course is closed for registration at this time. NOTIFY ME WHEN REGISTRATION OPENS