This course can be applied toward a program:
- Teaching Online (required)
Now is the ideal time to learn the ins and outs of online learning technologies. But how do you sort through all the platforms, systems and applications? This course gives you the vocabulary and tools you need to ask the right questions and understand the fundamental concepts of technology in online learning. You’ll learn about key software and hardware options as well as best technology practices in this ever-evolving field.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 15+ hours.
Start anytime within indicated date range. You have 90 days from the date you register to complete the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define basic information technology terms and concepts as they apply to creating, delivering and hosting online learning.
- Explain how a learning management system (LMS) functions and how it enables online learning
- Discuss the use of video in online learning
- Explore the key technology issues in developing and delivering online learning to mobile devices (m-learning)
- Explain the methods used for integrating online learning into learning platforms, including SCORM, LTI, and API Tin Can
- Describe the common information technology (IT) challenges involved in online learning
- Outline key questions about technology and online learning that organizations should ask
Module 1: Reaching Learners through Technology
Module 2: Learning Management Systems
Module 3: Online Learning Software Tools
Module 4: Video and Mobile Considerations
Module 5: Integrating Online Learning
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all