Applied Digital Communications and Social Media
Award of Achievement
About This Program
The Award of Achievement in Applied Digital Communications & Social Media is a part-time program for those wanting an in-depth understanding of how to develop a social media plan and gain up-to-date and directly applicable skills within the digital communications landscape.
Hands-on courses, filled with real-world insight and case studies, give you the confidence to succeed in digital communications and social media whether you are building up your career, your organization or both!
- Gain a solid understanding of the social media landscape, how it integrates with offline business, and how you can develop your own social media plan
- Select channels and networks to match that plan
- Learn to create visual, written and other forms of digital content that align with an overall strategy
- Understand and explain fundamental factors that impact a site’s organic listing on Google
- Build a social media plan that solves specific problems and/or takes advantage of specific opportunities for an organization
- Set up and manage each of the four major channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
- Plan, implement and manage basic text Google Ads campaigns to drive traffic to your site
- Use Google Analytics to identify insights that can be applied towards management and implementation of an SEO and Google Ads campaign or overall digital marketing plan
Who is this for?
While the Award of Achievement in Applied Digital Communications and Social Media is open to everyone, it will be particularly useful for:
- Marketing and communications professionals.
- Business managers and entrepreneurs.
- Professionals involved in their organizations.
- Consultants who wish to raise awareness around their own brand and better connect with existing and potential clients.
- University students and recent grads looking to further develop their digital marketing know-how through real-world insights from industry experts, that keep their skills relevant and in demand.
Ready to get started?
Review program requirements
For a complete list of courses required for this program, please see the Program Requirements section below. The following courses may be offered this semester:
|Digital Content Marketing Strategy|
|Get Found Online: Introduction to SEO|
|Social Media Fundamentals|
|Build your own Website or Blog with WordPress|
|Facebook and Instagram for Business|
|Writing Effective Web Content|
The courses that comprise this program are broken down into Required and Elective courses. Complete all required courses and two electives within a specified timeframe with a passing grade and obtain an Award of Achievement in Digital Communications & Social Media.
You can take courses in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
- Facebook and Instagram for Business
- Writing Effective Web Content
- Build your Own Website or Blog with WordPress
All required and elective courses must be completed within two calendar years. It’s important to note that you don’t have to take all the courses at once and can stagger them over time.