This course can be applied toward a program:
- Office Skills (elective)
How do you make sure someone wants to read your words? Create a document that stands out.
Today’s Word document is so much more than just text. Learn the ins and outs of knitting written words into a professional product that begs to be read. From styling to illustrating your document, this course makes sure others know you mean business.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the interface components of a Word document
- Summarize the purpose of a Word document
- Choose appropriate customization options for the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Change the font, typeface, document, and paragraph formats
- Demonstrate proficiency with document and paragraph layout formats
- Change themes and styles to match the document’s purpose
- Use track changes, word count, and spell check
- Create a formatted, proofed, and printed Word document
Module 1: Getting Started with Word
Module 2: Formats and Paragraphs
Module 3: Organizing content
Module 4: Review and Printing
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
- Windows computer running MS Word 2013, 2016, or Office 365 (desktop or laptop)
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all