This course can be applied toward a program:
- Office Skills (elective)
There's more to MS Word than words. It's loaded with powerful formatting and layout features that many people don't use or even know about. Learn the ins and outs of knitting written words into a professional-looking document that begs--nay, demands--to be read. By course end, you'll know how to style and illustrate your documents so that they stand out from all others.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
Start anytime within indicated date range. You have 90 days from the date you register to complete the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the interface components of a Word document
- Summarize the purpose of a Word document
- Choose appropriate customization options for the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Change the font, typeface, document and paragraph formats
- Demonstrate proficiency with document and paragraph layout formats
- Change themes and styles to match the document’s purpose
- Use track changes, word count and spell check
- Create a formatted, proofed and printed Word document
Module 1: Getting Started with Word
Module 2: Formats and Paragraphs
Module 3: Organizing content
Module 4: Review and Printing
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop).
- MS Word 2010+, 2013, 2016, or Office 365.
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Add the course to your cart to register.