This course can be applied toward a program:
- Office Skills (elective)
There's more to MS Word than words. It's loaded with powerful formatting and layout features that many people don't use or even know about. Learn the ins and outs of knitting written words into a professional-looking document that begs--nay, demands--to be read. By course end, you'll know how to style and illustrate your documents so that they stand out from all others.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the interface components of a Word document
- Summarize the purpose of a Word document
- Choose appropriate customization options for the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Change the font, typeface, document and paragraph formats
- Demonstrate proficiency with document and paragraph layout formats
- Change themes and styles to match the document’s purpose
- Use track changes, word count and spell check
- Create a formatted, proofed and printed Word document
Module 1: Getting Started with Word
Module 2: Work with text
Module 3: Create longer documents
Module 4: Graphs and Charts
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop).
- MS Word 2010+, 2013, 2016, or Office 365.
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Sorry, this course is closed to registration at this time.Notify me when registration opens