This course introduces you (even if you have little or no knowledge of photography) to the basic tools and techniques for creating compelling images for real estate listings. You’ll learn foundational concepts on composition and lighting, and understand the key considerations when shooting interiors and exteriors. You’ll also explore the basic ways to make your images more impactful using your computer or tablet.
Average commitment per module: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 6+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the different qualities of light that work best in each interior
- Learn to add light to your interiors to create inviting scenes
- Use compositional rules to draw the eye to the key elements inside and outside
- Identify the best times of day to shoot a property exterior
- Learn to digitally edit your photos with a simple yet powerful app
Module 1: Photographing Interiors
Module 2: Photographing Exteriors
- A smartphone with built-in camera or DSLR or digital mirrorless camera or Point and Shoot camera with a wide angle lens.
- A tripod is strongly recommended, but not required.
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Sorry, this course is closed to registration at this time.Notify me when registration opens