Leading Others: Inspire People
Seal of Proficiency
About This Program
The Seal of Proficiency in Leading Others: Inspire People is a part-time program for those willing to step out of their comfort zone and develop their own personal leadership character and resilience. Authenticity, trust, and the art of being genuine are emphasized. Fostering team growth and development are also critical components of this learning.
Each course in this program concentrates on a critical competency related to leading and inspiring others.
- Identify and anticipate typical personal responses in various leadership contexts
- Develop growth strategies for five cognitive capacities and personality traits essential for effective leadership: trust, self-awareness, empathy, critical thinking, and discipline/self-control
- Foster a culture of empowerment that values inclusivity, respect, trust, and creative collaboration
Who is this for?
While the Seal of Proficiency in Leading Others: Inspire People is open to everyone, it will be particularly useful for:
- Small-business owners who need leadership skills to ensure organizational efficiency
- Professionals interested in competency-based learning, a growth mindset, and a culture of empowerment
- Supervisors or coordinators with leadership responsibility, or those who will take on leadership responsibilities soon
- Seasoned managers and team leaders who have extensive on-the-job experience, but little formal leadership training
Ready to get started?
Review program requirements
For a complete list of courses required for this program, please see the Program Requirements section below. The following courses may be offered this semester:
All the courses in this program are required. Complete all required courses within a specified timeframe with a passing grade and obtain a Digital Badge in Leading Others: Inspire People.
You can take courses in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
- Leadership 1: Leadership Pursuit
- Leadership 2: Building Leadership Character
- Building High Performance Teams
All required and elective courses must be completed within one calendar year. It’s important to note that you don’t have to take all the courses at once and can stagger them over time.