Seal of Proficiency
About This Program
The Seal of Proficiency in Marketing Basics is a part-time program to get you started in creating your organization’s marketing story. Learn marketing basics, spend some time envisioning your story and brand, then create your marketing plan to give you the impetus to go out and tell your story to the world.
Work with mentors in our hands-on courses, with real-world exercises and case study examples. Marketing Basics is the first step on your path to becoming your organization’s marketing and social media wizard.
- Discover the basic principles of marketing
- Create a structured marketing plan
- Become conversant about audience selection and how to match it to a business target market
- Learn how to tell your brand’s story in a compelling way
Who is this for?
While the Marketing Basics Seal of Proficiency is open to everyone, it will be particularly useful for:
- Would-be entrepreneurs looking at starting a business
- Small-business owners looking for help in integrating social media and new marketing techniques into their business model
- Professionals wanting to help transform their workplace to use marketing more effectively; or wanting to move into a higher-level marketing role within their organization
- Anyone transitioning in their work situation into a marketing-related role
Ready to get started?
Review program requirements
For a complete list of courses required for this program, please see the Program Requirements section below. The following courses may be offered this semester:
|Create a Marketing Plan|
All three courses in this program are required. Complete all required courses within a specified timeframe with a passing grade and obtain a Seal of Proficiency in Marketing Basics.
You can take courses in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
- Create a Marketing Plan
- Marketing 101 – The Basics - Coming Soon
- Marketing 102 – Story and Brand - Coming Soon
All required and elective courses must be completed within one calendar year. It’s important to note that you don’t have to take all the courses at once and can stagger them over time.