This course can be applied toward a program:
- Bookkeeping for Small Business (required)
This course introduces learners to computerized bookkeeping using cloud-based QuickBooks. It is ideal for anyone new to QuickBooks and for those who want a computerized solution to their financial reporting needs. You’ll learn how to customize the software, set up and maintain the books for new and existing businesses, and process sales transactions, invoices, bill payments, and cash transactions.
This is an online cohort-based course. You can complete the course at a time and place of your choosing. However, be mindful of weekly deadlines and expect to commit 4-5 hours a week. There will be an optional one-hour live Q&A session with an instructor each week.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Set up a new company and apply company settings
- Apply bookkeeping concepts to hands-on data-entry practices
- Navigate and use various modules including Vendors, Customers, Payroll and Reconciliations
- Record transactions including customer invoices, vendor bills, inventory and taxes
Module 1: Getting to Know QuickBooks and Company settings
Module 2: Setting up the Books
Module 3: Accounting for Vendor Activities
Module 4: Accounting for Customer Activities
Module 5: Accounting for Owner Activities
- Bookkeeping Fundamentals 1 (Please note, you can take Bookkeeping Fundamentals 1 and QuickBooks Online 1 in the same term).
- Learners will get free access to a one-year license for QuickBooks Online software (instructions will be provided)
- Learners will need a computer with microphone and webcam to attend Q&A sessions
Add the course to your cart to register.
Oct 06 – Nov 09 2020
Course Reference Number (CRN) 93009
Instructor Melina Rousselle
- Sep 29 12 a.m. Orientation Module Opens
- Oct 10 11 a.m.– 12 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)
- Oct 17 11 a.m.– 12 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)
- Oct 24 11 a.m.– 12 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)
- Oct 31 11 a.m.– 12 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)
- Nov 7 11 a.m.– 12 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)