Bookkeeping: Advanced Skills
About This Program
The Digital Badge for Bookkeeping: Advanced Skills is a part-time program for anyone who wants to add advanced skills in payroll administration, income taxes, and cost accounting to their bookkeeping and accounting skill sets.
The program is designed to help you develop specialized bookkeeping knowledge and skills sought after by small and medium-sized businesses. Courses developed and taught by industry professionals give you the confidence to build your own career or expand your role within your organization.
At the end of the program, you will be able to
- Administer payroll system and produce payroll records with up-to-date knowledge of rules and regulations
- Apply basic knowledge and understanding of the key principles, concepts, and practices of income taxation in Canada that impact individuals
- Apply cost accounting concepts to inform business budgeting, planning, and decision making
- Communicate payroll, income taxes, and cost accounting with internal and external stakeholders
Who is this for?
While Digital Badge for Bookkeeping: Advanced Skill is open to everyone, it will be particularly useful for:
- Those who have obtained AoA in Bookkeeping and want to take their skills to the next level
- Entrepreneurs wanting to develop knowledge and understanding of specific bookkeeping and accounting topics for business needs
- Bookkeepers wishing to distinguish themselves with advanced and specialized skills
- Business managers wishing to be up-to-date on the latest bookkeeping and accounting rules, regulations and procedures
Ready to get started?
Review program requirements
For a complete list of courses required for this program, please see the Program Requirements section below. The following courses may be offered this semester:
Complete three required courses within a specified timeframe with a passing grade and obtain a Digital Badge for Bookkeeping: Advanced Skills.
You can take courses in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
All required and elective courses must be completed within one calendar year. It’s important to note that you don’t have to take all the courses at once and can stagger them over time.