Data Analysis and Visualization
Certificate of Completion
About This Program
The Certificate of Completion in Data Analysis and Visualization is a part-time program for those wanting to enter the popular field of visualizing data. This program takes visualizing data to the next level, coaching learners on the art of telling a story, taking visualization to the next level. Gain an in-depth knowledge of powerful data analysis software tools and learn how to make data come alive through your visualizations.
Hands-on courses, with real-world exercises and examples using Data Visualization software tools. Fine-tune your storytelling skills, discover the best tool for creating your data story, and become the data visualization expert that organizations are looking for.
- Learn the key elements required to create a compelling story
- Identify the best tool for the job when creating a data visualization
- Explore the concepts behind effective data analysis
- Discover techniques for creating an infographic that speaks to the viewer
- Interpret data into visual representations that make sense
- Perform data analysis to determine meaningful trends
- Learn statistical analysis as it applies to interpreting data
Who is this for?
While the Data Analysis and Visualization is open to everyone, it will be particularly useful for:
- Students transitioning into the workplace who want to showcase a variety of skills on their resume
- Small business owners who want to make decisions based on meaningful data
- Professionals moving into a more intensive data analytics role
- Product Managers who need to rely on user data to determine new features, improvements, and changes
- Leaders who want to interpret and enhance understanding of complex concepts and data within their organization
Ready to get started?
Review program requirements
For a complete list of courses required for this program, please see the Program Requirements section below. The following courses may be offered this semester:
|Advanced Data Analysis|
|Data Analysis: Capstone Project|
|Intermediate Data Analysis|
|Introduction to Data Analysis|
|MS Excel: Charting|
|Visualization and Storytelling|
The courses that comprise this program are broken down into Required and Elective courses. Complete all required courses and two electives within a specified timeframe with a passing grade and obtain a Certificate of Completion in Data Analysis and Visualization.
You can take courses in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
- Introduction to Data Analysis
- Intermediate Data Analysis
- Advanced Data Analysis
- Data Analysis: Capstone Project
- Visualization and Storytelling
- MS Excel: Charting
- Tools of Data Analysis - Coming Soon
- The Power of Knowing: Power BI Data Visualization and Analysis - Coming Soon
- Data Visualization with Tableau - Coming Soon
- D3.js: Data-Driven Documents - Coming Soon
- Statistics as a Managerial Tool - Coming Soon
- Statistical Process Control - Coming Soon
To receive your Certificate of Completion, please notify us by email once you have completed all requirements for this program. Your email should include your full name, date of birth, and program name.
All required and elective courses must be completed within four calendar years. It’s important to note that you don’t have to take all the courses at once and can stagger them over time.