This course can be applied toward a program:
Not everyone can speak accountant. And thankfully, not everyone has to, including managers and executives. In this course, you learn about financial concepts and financial statements in plain language. You'll also discover how to organize financial information in ways that support your organization’s objectives. In addition, you'll have the opportunity to practise analyzing reports to identify elements requiring attention.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 15+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Read financial statements
- Use financial statements to analyze day-to-day operations and assess risks and opportunities
- Compare financial results to budget targets
- Evaluate the quality of the information you are receiving from the financial data
Module 1: Cash is King
Module 2: Building Budgets
Module 3: Tracking Budgets
Module 4: Income Statements & Balance Sheets
Module 5: Financial Ratios and Monitoring Business Performance
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop).
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Add the course to your cart to register.