About This Program
The Award of Achievement in Business Communication is a part-time program that responds to the communication needs of today’s organizations. From negotiating to presenting, team building to leadership, this program has you covered. Learn critical communication skills to help you build lasting relationships with team members, partners, and customers.
Work with mentors in our hands-on courses, with real-world exercises and case study examples. We’ll give you the training and the tools you need to become your organization’s key networking guru.
- Discover the basic principles of marketing
- Learn to create a structured marketing plan
- Select and use appropriate analytic tools for your specific business situation
- Examine various marketing channel options and analyze effectiveness for different scenarios
- Learn about audience selection and how to match it to a business target market
- Become familiar with social media, email, content marketing, and video marketing
- Learn to use customer relationship management tools
Who is this for?
While the Business Communication Award of Achievement is open to everyone, it will be particularly useful for:
- Would-be entrepreneurs looking at starting a business
- Small business owners looking for help in expanding their network and communicating more effectively within their operation
- Professionals wanting to transform their workplace to work more collaboratively and effectively together
- Anyone transitioning into a leadership role within their work situation
Ready to get started?
Review program requirements
For a complete list of courses required for this program, please see the Program Requirements section below. The following courses may be offered this semester:
All the courses in this program are Required. Complete all six required courses within a specified timeframe with a passing grade and obtain an Award of Achievement in Business Communication.
You can take courses in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
- Effective Presentations
- Negotiate your Best Outcome
- Building High Performance Teams
- Persuasive Selling
- Relational Leadership
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
You must declare your intention to complete an Award of Achievement before you are halfway through the program. To declare your intent, send us an email with your full name, date of birth, and the name of the program you intend to complete.
All required and elective courses must be completed within two calendar years. It’s important to note that you don’t have to take all the courses at once and can stagger them over time.