Certificate of Completion
About This Program
The Certificate of Completion in Marketing Communication is a part-time program for today’s business world. Learn marketing basics, create your marketing plan, then connect with customers with a combination of web content and effective storytelling. Use analytics to leverage your marketing efforts through social media. Pull it all together into a marketing package that will put your organization in your customer’s top of mind.
Work with mentors in our hands-on courses, with real-world exercises and case study examples. We’ll give you the training and the tools you need to become your organization’s marketing and social media wizard.
- Discover the basic principles of marketing
- Learn to create a structured marketing plan
- Select and use appropriate analytic tools for your specific business situation
- Examine various marketing channel options and analyze effectiveness for different scenarios
- Learn about audience selection and how to match it to a business target market
- Become familiar with social media, email, content marketing, and video marketing
- Learn to use customer relationship management tools
Who is this for?
While the Marketing Communication Certificate of Completion is open to everyone, it will be particularly useful for:
- Would-be entrepreneurs looking at starting a business
- Small business owners looking for help in integrating social media and new marketing techniques into their business model
- Professionals wanting to help transform their workplace to use marketing more effectively; or wanting to move into a higher-level marketing role within their organization
- Anyone transitioning in their work situation into a marketing-related role
Ready to get started?
Review program requirements
For a complete list of courses required for this program, please see the Program Requirements section below. The following courses may be offered this semester:
|Digital Content Marketing Strategy|
|Get Found Online: Introduction to SEO|
|Social Media Fundamentals|
|Build your own Website or Blog with WordPress|
|Facebook and Instagram for Business|
|Measuring Marketing Effectiveness|
|Visualization and Storytelling|
|Writing Effective Web Content|
The courses that comprise this program are broken down into Required and Elective courses. Complete all required courses and four electives within a specified timeframe with a passing grade and obtain a Certificate of Completion in Marketing Communication.
You can take courses in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
- Marketing 101 – the Basics - Coming Soon
- Marketing 102 – Story and Brand - Coming Soon
- Create a Marketing Plan
- Digital Content Marketing Strategy
- Social Media Fundamentals
- Get Found Online: Introduction to SEO
- Persuasive Selling
- Writing Effective Web Content
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) - Coming Soon
- Visualization and Storytelling
- Measuring Marketing Effectiveness
- Web Analytics
- Google Ads - Coming Soon
- Email Marketing
- Video for Social Media - Coming Soon
- Marketing Automation - Coming Soon
- Facebook and Instagram for Business
- Build your Own Website or Blog with WordPress
To receive your Certificate of Completion, please notify us by email once you have completed all requirements for this program. Your email should include your full name, date of birth, and program name.
All required and elective courses must be completed within four calendar years. It’s important to note that you don’t have to take all the courses at once and can stagger them over time.
250-125 Victory Ship Way
North Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V7L 0G5
604 984 4901