This course can be applied toward a program:
- Entrepreneurship Online (required)
Having an entrepreneurial spirit and a good idea are essential to starting your own business. But to achieve sustained success you need a long-range plan. This course explores the different aspects of entrepreneurship and how entrepreneurs establish successful new ventures. It reviews issues and activities involved in starting a new business, including elements that need to go into a business plan, and the decisions that must be made before an enterprise can be launched.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12 hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the stages of the entrepreneurial process
- Describe market evaluation for a new venture
- Consider different ways to structure a business startup
- Discuss the strategic planning process for an entrepreneur
- Describe operational and financial planning for a new venture
- Outline how an entrepreneur develops and employs a business plan
- Describe options for funding a new venture
- Discuss issues in implementing plans for a new venture
Module 1: Introduction to Entrepreneurship
Module 2: Entrepreneurial Stages
Module 3: Finding the Money
Module 4: Startup
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop)
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Sorry, this course is closed to registration at this time.Notify me when registration opens