This course can be applied toward a program:
- Entrepreneurship Online (required)
Having an entrepreneurial spirit and a good idea are essential to starting your own business. But to achieve sustained success you need a long-range plan. This course explores the different aspects of entrepreneurship and how entrepreneurs establish successful new ventures. It reviews issues and activities involved in starting a new business, including elements that need to go into a business plan, and the decisions that must be made before an enterprise can be launched.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12 hours.
ABOUT THE START DATE: You can register anytime within indicated date range (see below). You have 90 days from the date you register to complete the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline stages of the entrepreneurial process
- Describe market evaluation for a new venture
- Consider different ways to structure a business start-up
- Discuss the strategic planning process for an entrepreneur
- Describe operational and financial planning for a new venture
- Outline how an entrepreneur develops and employs a business plan
- Describe options for funding a new venture
- Discuss issues in implementing plans for a new venture
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop)
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all