This course can be applied toward a program:
- Applied Digital Communications and Social Media (required)
- Digital Marketing (required)
- Marketing Communication (required)
Have you ever looked at your social media channels and wondered what, why and how you should post next? If so, you're not alone. Creating meaningful content on a consistent basis is challenging, which is where this course comes in.
Learn how to create visual, written and other forms of social media content that aligns with a consistent strategy. The course goes beyond theory and gets into the practice of creating content. Examples will be presented from successful local brands, and there will be hands-on exercises with real-time feedback. Newcomers to social media are encouraged to take the Social Media Fundamentals course prior to enrolling in this course. Access to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts is recommended.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12 hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create a strategic content plan
- List the major types of content used in content marketing, and explain the strengths of each
- Describe the online marketing funnel, and explain appropriate media types for each stage of the funnel
- Articulate the advantages of audience targeting and create a target persona
- Determine keywords/phrases that can be effectively used in each type of content
- Describe the importance of channel selection
- Articulate the importance of video to content marketing
- Explain the importance of measuring and analyzing campaign effectiveness
Module 1: Introduction to Content Marketing
Module 2: Content Marketing Planning
Module 3: Influencers and Channels
Module 4: The Metrics
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop)
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Add the course to your cart to register.
Jan 01 – Apr 30 2023
Course Reference Number (CRN) 91029
Instructor Karyn Mart
Sorry, this course is closed for registration at this time. NOTIFY ME WHEN REGISTRATION OPENS