Award of Achievement
About This Program
The Award of Achievement in Teaching Online is a part-time program for those interested in online education. Gain an in-depth knowledge of the technologies used to teach remotely. Learn how to engage learners from a distance. Practice creating an online learning course to achieve learning outcomes using current and popular technologies.
These hands-on courses use current tools and best practice to create and deliver interactive online content in a learning environment. Learn about the exciting world of online learning and become a sought-after remote learning practitioner.
- Describe differences between online and face-to-face classroom teaching
- Describe the flipped Classroom and blended learning models
- Design online learning activities to reinforce learning outcomes
- Examine the use of video and other technologies in online learning
Who is this for?
While the Teaching Online Award of Achievement is open to everyone, it will be particularly useful for:
- Teachers transitioning from in-class teaching to remote teaching
- Subject Matter Experts who want to share their knowledge and expertise with learners
- Professionals who want to integrate innovative education into the workplace
- Businesses looking for a way to training employees without incurring the cost of travel
Ready to get started?
Review program requirements
For a complete list of courses required for this program, please see the Program Requirements section below. The following courses may be offered this semester:
|Introduction to Online Learning|
|Online Learning Accessibility|
|The Technology of Online Learning|
|Visualization and Storytelling|
The courses that comprise this program are broken down into Required and Elective courses. Complete five required courses and two electives within a specified timeframe with a passing grade and obtain an Award of Achievement in Teaching Online.
You can take courses in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
- Visualization and Storytelling
- Introduction to Online Learning
- Teaching Online
- Online Learning Accessibility - Coming Soon
- The Technology of Online Learning
- Moodle Basics - Coming Soon
- Techsmith Camtasia - Coming Soon
- Instructional Videos - Coming Soon
- Adobe Premiere - Coming Soon
- Effective Presentations
All required and elective courses must be completed within two calendar years. It’s important to note that you don’t have to take all the courses at once and can stagger them over time.