This course can be applied toward a program:
Learn the basics of creating a website with WordPress. Discover how to install WordPress to create and edit web pages, including adding images and text. Explore both free and premium themes to change the appearance of your website.
Learn how to extend WordPress to suit your needs with a variety of helpful plug-ins. Basic concepts of e-commerce and search engine optimization will also be discussed. This course is perfect for any small business or individual looking to get a quick start with their website or blog.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 15+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify popular domain name registrars and web hosting companies
- Create and format pages and blog posts by category
- Create and edit website menus
- Evaluate and install WordPress themes
- Evaluated and install WordPress plugins
- Use shortcodes and widgets
- Add images and photos to your website or blog
- Create and edit their website or blog
- Become familiar with WordPress and website vernacular
Module 1: Domains, Hosting & Installing WordPress
Module 2: Pages, Posts, Categories, Menus
Module 3: Exploring and Evaluating Themes
Module 4: Plugins, Shortcodes & Widgets
Module 5: WordPress Management
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop)
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Sorry, this course is closed to registration at this time.Notify me when registration opens