This course can be applied toward a program:
Learn the basics of creating a website with WordPress. Discover how to install WordPress to create and edit web pages, including adding images and text. Explore both free and premium themes to change the appearance of your website.
Learn how to extend WordPress to suit your needs with a variety of helpful plug-ins. Basic concepts of e-commerce and search engine optimization will also be discussed. This course is perfect for any small business or individual looking to get a quick start with their website or blog.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 15+ hours.
Start anytime within indicated date range. You have 90 days from the date you register to complete the course.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify popular domain name registrars and web hosting companies
- Create and format pages and blog posts by category
- Create and edit website menus
- Evaluate and install WordPress themes
- Evaluated and install WordPress plugins
- Use shortcodes and widgets
- Add images and photos to your website or blog
- Create and edit their website or blog
- Become familiar with WordPress and website vernacular
Module 1: What’s in a name?
Module 2: Creating your Site
Module 3: Choosing the Right Theme
Module 4: More Functionality from Plugins
Module 5: Hands-on Workshop
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop)
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all