This course can be applied toward a program:
- Office Skills (elective)
This intermediate-level course gets into some of MS Project's advanced features. You'll learn how to create baselines, apply fixed and overtime costs, perform resource leveling and more. The course is open to everyone, but is ideal for aspiring project managers who have grown weary of basic MS Project and crave even more knowledge. We're not saying it's for power-mad super villains*, mind you. It's for anyone who wants to track projects as effectively as possible.
*Supervillains, however, are welcome to sign up for the course.
NOTE: This course will focus on the Microsoft Office 2019 version of MS Project. However, you may take this course using MS Project 2010+, recognizing that some of the screenshots and functions may be different due to different versions of the software.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
Start anytime within indicated date range. You have 90 days from the date you register to complete the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Add work, material, and cost resources to a project
- Apply fixed and overtime costs to tasks and entire projects
- Select the appropriate types of tasks to include in a project
- Create baselines and perform critical path analysis
- Incorporate effort-driven scheduling, work contours and multiple calendars
- Track progress and perform variance and EVA analysis
- Perform resource leveling and filter by task, resource, and/or assignment
- Effectively use resource pools, subprojects, and master projects
Module 1: Working with the Project Schedule
Module 2: Creating Resources
Module 3: Allocating Resources
Module 4: Tracking a Project
- MS Project Basics
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop)
- MS Project 2010+ (Standard or Pro)
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all