This course can be applied toward a program:
This intermediate-level course provides learners with essential skills for mastering Microsoft's project management software, MS Project.
Aspiring project managers are provided a step-by-step tutorial on developing schedules, allocating resources, and tracking progress.
This intermediate course will focus on the Microsoft Office 2019 version of MS Project.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe various features of MS Project and how to apply them.
- Add work, material, and cost resources to a project.
- Apply fixed and overtime costs to tasks and entire projects.
- Select the appropriate types of tasks to include in a project.
- Create baselines and perform critical path analysis.
- Incorporate effort-driven scheduling, work contours, and multiple calendars.
- Track progress and perform variance and EVA analysis
- Perform resource leveling and filter by task, resource, and/or assignment.
- Effectively use resource pools, subprojects, and master projects.
Module 1: Working with the Project Schedule
Module 2: Creating Resources
Module 3: Allocating Resources
Module 4: Tracking a Project
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
- Windows computer (desktop or laptop) running MS Project 2019 (Standard or Pro)
Add the course to your cart to register.