MS Project is a popular tool for project managers that allows them to develop schedules, allocate resources and duties to specific tasks, as well as track a project's progression. It also allows managers to oversee the budget and analyze workloads. This course, ideal for aspiring project managers (as well as reluctant project managers who were more or less pressed into service--you know who you are), provides a step-by-step overview on mastering basic functions that are essential for tracking any project.
NOTE: This course will focus on the Microsoft Office 2019 version of MS Project. However, you may take this course using MS Project 2010+, recognizing that some of the screenshots and functions may be different due to different versions of the software.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define important terms and concepts used in project management and MS Project
- Create and modify a task list
- Develop a blank project from scratch
- Navigate within tabs
- Use auto and manual scheduling
- Use calendar functions and schedule tasks
- Work with task views, the timeline and zoom slider functions
- Format projects by copying and pasting and by adding hyperlinks
- Format bar and Gantt charts and prepare project elements for printing
- Generate a variety of reports using custom and premade templates
Module 1: Getting Started with Project
Module 2: Working with Tasks
Module 3: Working with Views
Module 4: Reporting Templates
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop).
- MS Project 2010+ (Standard or Pro).
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Add the course to your cart to register.