This course can be applied toward a program:
This course introduces learners to Microsoft's project management software, MS Project. Learners, particularly aspiring project managers, are provided a step-by-step tutorial on mastering basic functions that are essential for any project.
MS Project is a popular tool for project managers that allows them to develop schedules, allocate resources and duties to specific tasks, and track a project's progression. It also allows managers to oversee the budget and analyze workloads.
This introductory course will focus on the Microsoft Office 2019 version of MS Project.
Learners are required to have access to MS Project 2019 in order to complete this course.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define important terms and concepts used in project management and MS Project.
- Develop a blank project from scratch.
- Describe what tabs are and how to navigate within them.
- Create and modify a task list.
- Describe auto and manual scheduling and when to use each.
- Demonstrate how to use calendar functions and schedule tasks.
- Use task views, the timeline, and zoom slider functions.
- Format projects by copying and pasting and by adding hyperlinks.
- Format bar and Gantt charts and prepare project elements for printing.
- Generate a variety of reports using custom and premade templates.
Module 1: Getting Started with Project
Module 2: Working with Tasks
Module 3: Working with Views
Module 4: Reporting Templates
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
- Windows computer (desktop or laptop) running MS Project 2019 (Standard or Pro)
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all