This course can be applied toward a program:
MS Project is a popular tool for project managers that allows them to develop schedules, allocate resources and duties to specific tasks, as well as track a project's progression. It also allows managers to oversee the budget and analyze workloads. This course, ideal for aspiring project managers (as well as reluctant project managers who were more or less pressed into service--you know who you are), provides a step-by-step overview on mastering basic functions that are essential for tracking any project.
NOTE: This course will focus on the Microsoft Office 2019 version of MS Project. You are required to have access to MS Project 2019 in order to complete this course.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
Start anytime within indicated date range. You have 90 days from the date you register to complete the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define important terms and concepts used in project management and MS Project
- Create and modify a task list
- Develop a blank project from scratch
- Navigate within tabs
- Use auto and manual scheduling
- Use calendar functions and schedule tasks
- Work with task views, the timeline and zoom slider functions
- Format projects by copying and pasting and by adding hyperlinks
- Format bar and Gantt charts and prepare project elements for printing
- Generate a variety of reports using custom and premade templates
Module 1: Getting Started with Project
Module 2: Working with Tasks
Module 3: Working with Views
Module 4: Reporting Templates
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
- Windows computer (desktop or laptop) running MS Project 2019 (Standard or Pro)
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all