Seal of Proficiency
About This Program
The Seal of Proficiency in Presentations is a part-time program for those wanting to fine tune their presentation skills and learn more about the power of Microsoft PowerPoint. Practice your presentation skills under the guidance of a skilled mentor. Be ready to step up and present with confidence in any environment.
Hands-on courses, with sample presentation exercises and expert feedback. Real-world exercises and examples using Microsoft PowerPoint will take your presentations to the next level. Discover what makes or breaks a presentation, gain confidence and become the local go-to person to deliver informative presentations.
- Discover how to deploy the four steps of purposeful communications into your presentations
- Gain insight into evaluating your audience and catering your presentations so that they resonate with said audience
- Develop the habit of creating and using effective speaker notes
- Obtain the ability to deploy forecast, present and echo structures into your presentations
- Learn how to design PowerPoint presentations using best practices and design principles
- Acquire the ability to add audio, video and hyperlinks to your presentations
Who is this for?
While the Seal of Proficiency in Presentations is open to everyone, it will be particularly useful for:
- Professionals and managers who need to upgrade their presentation skills for day-to-day meetings as well as for networking events and conferences
- Entrepreneurs and small-business owners who need to pitch their business to prospective clients
- Teachers or lecturers who regularly speak in front of large groups
- Public speakers who want to take their communication skills to the next level
- Students entering the workplace for the first time, or want to improve their comfort level when being interviewed for a new job
Ready to get started?
Review program requirements
For a complete list of courses required for this program, please see the Program Requirements section below. The following courses may be offered this semester:
All three courses below are required. Complete all required courses within a specified timeframe with a passing grade to obtain a Seal of Proficiency in Presentations.
You can take courses in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
All required and elective courses must be completed within one calendar year. It’s important to note that you don’t have to take all the courses at once and can stagger them over time.