This course can be applied toward a program:
- Digital Photography (required)
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of digital image capture (pixels, sensors, etc.)
- Select the right lens for a shot
- Achieve the correct exposure and manipulate it to achieve desired effects
- Manipulate the speed of exposition to freeze motion or create the feeling of motion
- Manipulate the aperture size to achieve the desired depth of field
- Choose the aperture-priority, shutter speed priority, manual, and automatic mode appropriately for a situation
Module 1: Getting to Know Your Camera
Module 2: Exposure and Shutter Speed
Module 3: Aperture and Depth of Field
Module 4: Exposure Compensation & Shooting Modes
Module 5: Putting it All Together and Using it in New Settings
- Learners must have access to a digital SLR camera.
- A tripod is strongly recommended, but not required.
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Sorry, this course is closed to registration at this time.Notify me when registration opens