This course can be applied toward a program:
- Digital Photography (required)
In this hands-on course, you explore the essentials of photography in depth. You begin by learning what all the controls, buttons and menus on your camera are for and when to use them.
After gaining a thorough understanding of your camera and its capabilities, you examine key photographic concepts, including the fundamentals of digital image capture; aperture and shutter priority; exposure and depth of field; lens selection and more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to evaluate any photographic situation and know instinctively which settings to use and which lens to go with to achieve the shot you want—even in manual mode.
Average commitment per module: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 15+ hours.
ABOUT THE START DATE: You can register anytime within indicated date range (see below). You have 90 days from the date you register to complete the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of digital image capture (pixels, sensors, etc.)
- Select the right lens for a shot
- Achieve the correct exposure and manipulate it to achieve desired effects
- Manipulate the speed of exposition to freeze motion or create the feeling of motion
- Manipulate the aperture size to achieve the desired depth of field
- Choose the aperture-priority, shutter speed-priority, manual, and automatic mode appropriately for a situation
Module 1: Getting to Know Your Camera
Module 2: Exposure and Shutter Speed
Module 3: Aperture and Depth of Field
Module 4: Exposure Compensation & Shooting Modes
Module 5: Putting it All Together and Using it in New Settings
- Learners must have access to a digital SLR camera
- A tripod is strongly recommended, but not required
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all