While diversity and inclusion are popular topics in the media and for many progressive organizations, the concepts of diversity and inclusion can be slippery and elusive. What are diversity and inclusion? How are they related to each other? How do you know if your organization is diverse and practices inclusivity? What diversity and inclusion initiatives produce measurable results? In this course, you examine the concepts of diversity and inclusion and gain the tools necessary to support an inclusive workplace.
Total course commitment: 3 hours.
Start anytime within indicated date range. You have 90 days from the date you register to complete the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define and distinguish diversity and inclusion
- Identify and understand the federal laws created to bolster diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Explain how diversity and inclusion go beyond compliance with the law
- Define and distinguish discrimination and prejudice
- Explain unconscious bias
- Identify different types of unconscious bias
- Describe the importance of organizational culture and its relation to diversity and inclusion
- Explain how different metrics can be used to track and gauge the effectiveness of initiatives
- Understand the importance of progressive policies and initiatives
- Understand how to formulate an inclusive workplace given employer responsibilities and an evolving social landscape
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop)
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
2 sittings of this course are listed below. Add a course to your cart to register.Open all Close all