This course can be applied toward a program:
Microsoft Excel can do just about anything, except maybe make a delicious turkey stuffing. Or pull off a convincing Christopher Walken impression. But although Excel is extremely versatile, many people don't take advantage of its impressive features. One of these features is charting.
In this course, you learn to harness the power of Excel to create stunning charts and graphs. It's an ideal way to get your feet wet with data visualization and discover how easy it is to turn numbers into meaningful visuals.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create charts with Excel to represent data
- Use the Excel design tabs to change the look of charts
- Change chart text to create meaningful labels
- Determine the optimal chart or graph to visualize data in an impactful way
- Change the data source used for a chart or graph
- Insert pictures and other elements into a chart or graph
Module 1: Charting with Excel
Module 2: The Best Charts
Module 3: Templates
Module 4: Infographics in Excel
- MS Excel Basics (or equivalent skills)
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop).
- MS Excel 2013, 2016 or Office 365.
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Sorry, this course is closed to registration at this time.Notify me when registration opens