This course can be applied toward a program:
- Bookkeeping: Advanced Skills (required)
This course introduces learners to fundamental knowledge and skills behind administering payroll for small and medium-sized businesses. Topics include payroll compliance legislation, employee pay and benefits, payroll remittances, accounting documentation for payroll and reconciliations. You’ll learn to process payroll using QuickBooks Online. You’ll also learn to communicate payroll to internal, external, and government stakeholders.
You can complete the course at a time and place of your choosing. However, be mindful of weekly deadlines and expect to commit 4-5 hours a week. There will be an optional one-hour live Q&A session with an instructor each week.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain and apply federal and provincial payroll rules and regulations
- Process employee pay and benefits
- Process payroll remittances
- Prepare accounting documentation, including T4, T4 summary, and ROEs
- Communicate payroll to different stakeholders
Module 1: Delving into Payroll Administration
Module 2: Setting Up Payroll System
Module 3: Processing Benefits and Deductibles
Module 4: Processing Remittances and Filing Payroll Taxes and Workers Compensation
Module 5: Generating Year-end Reports for Payroll and Performing Reconciliations
- Bookkeeping Fundamentals 1 & Bookkeeping Fundamentals 2 or equivalent
- QuickBooks Online 1 & QuickBooks Online 2 or equivalent QuickBooks experience
- You will get free access to a one-year license for QuickBooks Online software (instructions will be provided).
- You will need a computer with microphone and webcam to attend Q&A sessions.
Add the course to your cart to register.
Nov 10 – Dec 14 2020
Course Reference Number (CRN) 93044
Instructor Melina Rousselle
- Nov 3 12 p.m. Orientation Module Opens
- Nov 12 7 – 8 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)
- Nov 19 7 – 8 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)
- Nov 26 7 – 8 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)
- Dec 3 7 – 8 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)
- Dec 10 7 – 8 p.m. Q&A Session (Optional)
Sorry, this course is closed for registration at this time. NOTIFY ME WHEN REGISTRATION OPENS