This course can be applied toward a program:
- Bookkeeping: Advanced Skills (required)
This course introduces you to fundamental knowledge and skills behind administering payroll for small- and medium-sized businesses. Topics include payroll compliance legislation, employee pay and benefits, payroll remittances as well as accounting documentation for payroll and reconciliations. You’ll learn to process payroll using QuickBooks Online and how to communicate payroll to internal, external and government stakeholders.
Average commitment per module: 4-5 hours. Total course commitment: 20+ hours.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply federal and provincial payroll rules and regulations
- Process employee pay and benefits
- Process payroll remittances
- Prepare accounting documentation, including T4, T4 summary and ROEs
- Communicate payroll to different stakeholders
Module 1: Delving into Payroll Administration
Module 2: Setting Up Payroll System
Module 3: Processing Benefits and Deductibles
Module 4: Processing Remittances and Filing Payroll Taxes and Workers Compensation
Module 5: Generating Year-end Reports for Payroll and Performing Reconciliations
- Bookkeeping Fundamentals 1 & Bookkeeping Fundamentals 2 or equivalent
- QuickBooks Online 1 & QuickBooks Online 2 or equivalent QuickBooks experience
- You will get free access to a one-year license for QuickBooks Online software (instructions will be provided).
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Please see FAQs
Add the course to your cart to register.