This course can be applied toward a program:
Microsoft Excel is used by organizations all over the world for financial, numeric, and general data management, yet it is widely underutilized. If you want to harness all that Excel has to offer, this is an ideal place to start.
In this course, you learn layout options and how to work with data, then go on to learn how to set up print options for reports. You'll also discover tips for viewing your Excel data, and find out how to get your worksheets ‘talking’ to each other.
This course will supercharge your Excel skills and take them to the next level, no matter where you're starting from.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
When to Register
If you’re registering for the Spring 2023 term (January - April), the registration period is:
- January 9 to 29
You’ll be able to access the online classroom one to two business days after you register. Once you enrol in the online classroom, you’ll have 90 days to complete the course. During these 90 days, you’ll have access to all courses materials as well as the mentor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Change the worksheet layout and modify columns, cells, and rows
- Hide and unhide rows and columns
- Find and replace data
- Lay out an Excel worksheet for printing
- Create meaningful charts to display Excel numbers and other information
- Change the worksheet view to make it easier to view Excel data
Module 1: Formatting
Module 2: Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
Module 3: Sorting and Special Functions
Module 4: Introduction to Charting
Module 5: Printing
Module 6: Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- MS Excel Basics (or equivalent skills)
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop).
- MS Excel 2013, 2016 or Office 365.
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Sorry, this course is closed to registration at this time.Notify me when registration opens