This course introduces learners to game engines from the perspective of 3D, film and visual effects production. The course will primarily focus on the asset ingest part of the production cycle geared towards prop and environment integration into a virtual or immersive context. Utilizing both modeled and scanned assets, individuals will construct sets that are capable of running and rendering in real-time with an ability to be manipulated for set dressing through immersive means such as virtual and augmented reality.
The course will be delivered in the Online: Live format (Online synchronous with asynchronous assignments).
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Analyze existing digital 2D or 3D assets and prepare them for export into a game engine
- Successfully Import and organize 3D elements in a game engineInterpret 3D, VFX and film processes for the purposes of translating into a virtualized framework
- Construct real-time shading networks for assets utilizing 3D and virtual production best practices
- Manage a library of 3D modeled and scanned assets, ensuring their ability to run in real-time
- Apply visual effects look development techniques to virtual production assets
- Utilize digital assets to construct a real-time environment capable of running at 24 frames per second or higher, dependent on application.
Module 1: Introduction to Game Engines
Module 2: Preparing Digital Assets for Export to Game Engines
Module 3: Generating Environments and Worlds to Populate with Digital Assets
Module 4: Assembling Environments Using Landscapes and Digital Real-time Assets
Module 5: Final Project
See program page for overview of required skills.
See program page for overview of required software/hardware, etc.
Add the course to your cart to register.