This 30-hour course is for professional animation and visual effects artists wanting to learn Toon Boom Harmony workflows to help transition to a Harmony studio. After covering the basics of workflow and the Harmony user interface, including Node-based systems, vector vs bitmap graphics, UI preferences in Harmony and hierarchical character workflow, learners will build a rigged seamless arm, a rigged eye and a rigged mouth. Tonal mattes and shadows will be added to whatever the learner animates.
Please note, this is not a foundational course in how to animate, build (rig) or composite.
The course will be delivered with live online tutorials via Zoom (Thursdays from 6 - 8 pm) and online asynchronous assignments.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Customize the Harmony node-based interface
- Contrast Pencil vs Brush strokes and how they are used in designs
- Add keyframes and assign time increments to individual drawings on the Harmony timeline
- Demonstrate an understanding of hierarchical motion
- Create and apply deformers for shape change
- Use masks/cutters/seamless systems to create eye, mouth and arm rigs to better understand Harmony builds
Module 1: Introduction to Harmony Interface
Module 2: Motion and Keyframing in Harmony
Module 3: Understanding Builds
Module 4: Layout, Animation and Posing Using Hand-drawn Guide Animation
Module 5: Hand-drawn Effects and Post-Production Effects, plus Deformers and Mimicking Hand-drawn Perspective
See program page for overview of required skills and experience
See program page for overview of required software/hardware, etc.
Add the course to your cart to register.