This course can be applied toward a program:
- Project Management (required)
Explore some of the organizational issues surrounding project management. Review how different establishments apply project management methodologies and concepts, and examine the connections between project execution and strategic objectives. Learn how organizational structures affect the application and performance of project management approaches and activities. Analyze and assess the critical characteristics that effective project managers must possess to direct and guide work to its successful conclusion.
This course aligns with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Sixth Edition, Chapters 1, 2, and 3. (The PMBOK® Guide is not included in the cost of this course and must be purchased separately.)
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 12+ hours.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain what a project is and how it can advance organizational goals.
- Describe the relationship of projects to subprojects, programs, portfolios, and operations.
- Distinguish between functional organizations and project-oriented organizations and explain how the structure of an organization can affect project processes and activities.
- Show how enterprise environmental factors and organizational process assets can affect project management processes.
- Identify the key competencies of successful project managers and describe their roles in specific organizational settings.
- Examine the part that project governance plays in ensuring that projects run efficiently and effectively.
Module 1: The Value of Project Management
Module 2: Project Management Environments
Module 3: Project Management and Strategy
Module 4: How does a Project Manager Fit in?
- Basic keyboarding capability
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Basic file management knowledge
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – click here for more information
- Windows or Mac computer (desktop or laptop)
Add the course to your cart to register.