Please note that the dates for Mixed Media Painting: Surface, Collage and Photo Transfer have changed. The course is not running on January 22 & 23 (the dates which were in the print catalogue), but instead will run on March 5 & 6.
Explore your creativity using acrylic paints, textured mediums, metallics and a huge variety of tantalizing mixed media materials. Join instructor Shary Bartlett and experiment with techniques such as photo transfer, collage, layering and creating lush texture. This class will strengthen your understanding of composition and stimulate the artist within in a fun and supportive environment. A wide range of supplies are included in the $42 supply fee to be paid to the instructor at the first class. This course is suitable for beginners and advanced students.
Please note: This is not an Encaustic class.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare surfaces for mixed media painting
- Plan a painting
- Understand techniques for acrylic media, paper, collage and layering
- Apply key elements and principles of design and texture
- Use inks, crayons, metallics, foils
- Transfer images
Module 1: Paper, Surface, Collage and Acrylic Media
Module 2: Image transfer, foils and inks
- An additional $42 supplies fee to be paid directly to the instructor on the first day of class for shared class materials.
- Please wear clothes, or an apron, suitable for painting.
Add the course to your cart to register.