This is a one-week (30 hours) elective course specializing in compositing using Toon Boom Harmony. Participants will learn to take existing animated characters, props, environments (backgrounds) and then add shadows, lighting and hand-drawn effects to composite and render final image sequences.
The course will be delivered in the Online: Cohort-Based format with daily live check-ins.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Execute 2D FX work (explosions, water, sparkles) and add post effects (glows, particles, simulations)
- Apply overall frame or colour adjustments to final images
- Create a comp of a scene using production assets
- Compose shots and understand design principles
- Integrate all layers of animation, environment, lighting and FX to create final shots
- Employ a variety of common software visual effects processes and terms (glow, blur, colour keying)
- Perform 2DFX compositing
- Light and add depth maps to characters
- Apply hand-drawn and procedural shadows
- Use rim lights for day and night character and environment lighting
- Understand basic lighting and how shadows work
See program page for overview of required skills and experience
See program page for overview of required software/hardware, etc.
Add the course to your cart to register.