We've all heard about it, but few of us are really comfortable describing how cryptocurrency works. Take this course with cryptocurrency expert Chris Kruger and learn about blockchain technology, Austrian economics, and the history and core functions of money and currency. Discover the tools and software in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space. Get an introduction to trading basics, registering for platforms and trading markets, basic analysis, and the core technologies.
Average weekly commitment: 3+ hours. Total course commitment: 18+ hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Although this is an Online: Cohort-based course, there is a live component (and by live we mean Zoom). The live portion of the class runs for the six Tuesdays from 6 to 8 p.m. (Feb 15 to Mar 22) on Zoom.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Communicate with others regarding tokens, blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Identify tokens and their token type: utility, security, etc.
- Assess validity of the true value for a token based on its adoption and use figures available via the individual blockchains
- Evaluate appropriate treatment of cryptocurrencies in different jurisdictions for tax purposes
- Understand the impact of blockchain and cryptocurrency on businesses, governments and other organizations
Module 1: The History of Money
Module 2: The Denationalization of Currency
Module 3: The History of Blockchain
Module 4: What is Blockchain? Introduction to the Technology
Module 5: Initiation into Coin Monitoring and Diversification
Module 6: Course Wrap-up
- High-speed internet (at least 25 Mbps download speed) – Find out your internet connectivity speed.
Add the course to your cart to register.