This is an elective course specializing in animation using Toon Boom Harmony. Learners will work with existing digital puppets to animate (translate, rotate, skew, scale and deform) and to comprehend the hierarchical node structure of Harmony's workflow. Participants will be able to manipulate puppets and hand draw animated images as needed. Learners will also develop a build-based (virtual puppet) animation workflow and will learn efficiency techniques that will help translate their current animation skills into the build-based Harmony pipeline. In addition, learners will produce a demo reel sequence, mentored by industry professionals.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Animate using rigged and hand-drawn characters
- Create peg hierarchies and apply them to create motion
- Manage shape changers using deformation tools
- Use keyframe principles to animate using straight ahead or pose-to-pose workflows
- Apply principles of aesthetics to create appealing poses and images
See program page for overview of required skills and experience
See program page for overview of required software/hardware, etc.